Vocollect and RedPrairie Host Webinar on 'The Sweet Sound of Voice Success at Sony of Canada'
PITTSBURGH (May 3, 2011) – Vocollect, a business unit of Intermec, Inc. (NYSE: IN) and the world leader in voice-centric solutions for mobile workers, together with productivity solutions provider RedPrairie Corporation, will host a webinar on May 18 at 2 p.m. EDT featuring results from Sony of Canada’s deployment of voice for cluster-picking and cycle-counting in its distribution facilities.
The webinar will reveal how Sony of Canada achieved significant business performance improvements, including a 40 percent boost in throughput and a 20 percent increase in accuracy through an integrated RedPrairie/Vocollect Voice solution. Webinar participants will learn:
- How extending a warehouse management solution with Vocollect Voice can offer
a competitive advantage
- How to better scale the warehouse operation with extreme business seasonality
- How greater order fulfillment accuracy was obtained to support company website
operations with parcel shipping
- How voice technology reduced the number of associate process steps
- How voice technology can be applied to other areas of the warehouse operation
”We are proud of being the first in the Sony organization to embrace a voice-centric approach for picking and cycle-counting, and we are exploring many other ways to further leverage the power of voice in our distribution operations,” said Rick Courtin, business process manager, supply chain group, Sony of Canada. “Voice-enabling our distribution centers has changed the way we do business and given us a great competitive advantage,” he said.
Mike Levans, Group Editorial Director/Supply Chain Group, Modern Materials Handling Magazine, will lead and moderate the webinar. Other participants are:
- Rick Courtin, Business Process Manager, Supply Chain Group, Sony of Canada Ltd.
- Gary Glessner, Vice President – Americas, Vocollect
- Tom Kozenski, Vice President – Product Strategy, RedPrairie Corporation
To register for the Sweet Sound of Voice Success at Sony of Canada Hosted by Vocollect and RedPrairie scheduled for Wednesday, May 18, 2:00 p.m. EDT, visit www.mmh.com/sonycan. To view the webcast on-demand, 24/7 at any time after the original broadcast, also visit www.mmh.com/sonycan.